Seeking responsible, detail oriented data quality analysts to assist in creating and maintaining accurate basketball schedules during the July NCAA recruiting events. This is a full-time, temporary position starting June 26th or ASAP and through July 31st.
If you have an interest in and familiarity with basketball, a meticulous attention to detail, and want to help make an impact on the way the game’s highest level coaches navigate through their recruiting, this might be a perfect fit for you.
In many cases, the tournament schedules can be disorganized and hard to format. Schedule data can be provided to FastModel in several different ways including web based schedules, pdf files that need to be manually transcribed, spreadsheets, etc.
The product we provide to our customers becomes more valuable during real-time updates that happen during the tournaments. This position will be required to monitor the inflow of data, and as well as correcting data when inconsistencies and anomalies are found.
- Prepare source data for online entry by compiling and sorting information; evaluate source data and ultimately establishing entry priorities;
- Process schedule source documents by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolve discrepancies by using standard procedures or escalate incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution;
- Verify imported schedule data by reviewing, correcting, deleting, or reentering data; combine data from both systems when account information is incomplete; purge files to eliminate duplication of data
During Tournament Tasks:
- Use source data to assess the accuracy of data being provided to customers via proprietary application
- When issues are found, quickly and responsibly alert supervisors, and correct data in proprietary system
Personal Skills Required:
- Junior year college student or higher
- Ability and willingness to work off-hours while the basketball tournaments are being held
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Proficiency with Excel
- Familiarity with statistical software
- Extremely meticulous in approach to work
- Outstanding attention to detail
- Ability to work with little supervision
- Proven ability to meet established deadlines
- Talent for quickly learning new tasks
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
Interested candidates can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.