FastModel is looking for an experienced and dedicated scrum master to join our growing and innovative team. The individual in this role will report to the CTO and be responsible for overseeing software engineering projects/releases, within the Product Development department, utilizing the agile methodology. The ideal candidate should have proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, and a track-record of ensuring milestones and deadlines are met. He/she should be able to work within an “egoless” team setting.
- Serve as a senior team member within the Engineering team, responsible for facilitating the adoption, implementation and sustainability of Agile processes, principles, and practices
- Create project outlines and timelines and distribute responsibilities to team members
- Facilitate daily scrums, stand-ups, and meetings to monitor project progress and facilitate resolution with product owners with respect to any issues the team may be experiencing
- Remove project obstacles, develop solutions with team; maintain focus on Product Development prioritized objectives and deliverables
- Ensure milestones are reached and deadlines are met throughout the project lifecycle
- Document and provide training and coaching as needed throughout the organization
- Escalate as required conflicts and identify key risk areas or impediments impacting projected delivery dates
- Maintain the balance of aggressive delivery targets to insure suitable utilization while insuring adequate time allocation to permit required analysis, design and implementation (including unit testing where required)
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and product owners
- Adopt and contribute to relevant metrics that help the program see how they are doing
- Document process and progress and communicate to upper management and product stakeholders
- 5-7 (for Senior) and 3-5 (for mid-Level) years of relevant experience as a Scrum Master or working in Software Engineering/Product Development/product release role
- Ability to work in a rigorous start-up environment which may dictate aggressive schedules and deliverables
- Good skills and knowledge of facilitation, continuous improvement, empowerment, transparency and servant leadership
- Knowledge of Agile approaches and tools in order to effectively capture, track and communicate including Kanban, Scrum, XP; Jira, Burndown charts, etc.
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques – Automated Testing, User Stories, TDD, Continuous Integration, Testing, Pairing, Agile Games, etc.
- Must possess leadership skills and experience with communicating and tracking delivery status and reporting.
- Must possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and the ability to work with different levels of people and stakeholders across departments
- Must manage with Metrics – Able to adopt, and maintain clear metrics for a data driven approach to decision making
- A minimum of a BS or BA is required
- Applicants must be US citizens or have suitable VISA for immediate employment.
Since 2008, FastModel has been the leader in software and data solutions for basketball coaching and recruiting. Living at the intersection of sports and technology, we build game-changing software solutions for the NBA, NCAA, and thousands of coaches around the world - Scouting, Diagramming, Recruiting, and Video Content Distribution- we do it all! With new products on the horizon, we want you to be part of this journey and part of our team!
What We Offer:
• Great location – we are in the heart of Chicago’s downtown
• Great benefits package competitive with any big company – 401k, medical coverage for employee (and family), and FSAs
• Casual work environment
• Unlimited Flexible Time Off
• And much more!
We want to get to know you and for you to know us! Applicants will be screened over the course of 2-3 rapid interviews. We’re happy to have you get to know us as well. It’s a two-way street.
Join us! If you love data, software and sports, then we’re the right place for you! Submit your Cover Letter, CV & source code examples of your work (if this isn't possible, you may also submit an online portfolio of your work) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are happy where you are, but have a colleague or friend who is looking for the next exciting challenge, pass the word along! Even if you are interested, pass it along anyway – we need great people!