Reports to: VP of Engineering
Location: Chicago, IL (Downtown)
You will be responsible for building our next generation of web applications. If you love building real products that solve real problems and you really know web technologies, then we should talk. Plus it won't hurt if you love sports, too.
We already dominate the NBA and NCAA basketball coaching software market, but we have ambitions beyond that and we need the help of a few more talented individuals to get to the next level.
- HTML, CSS
- Single Page Application frameworks (like React, AngularJS, Backbone, or Ember)
- CSS frameworks (like Bootstrap or Foundation)
- Responsive layout
- Java and/or Ruby
Plus, the Universal Stuff:
- REST APIs
- SQL databases (MySQL)
- Web session management, cookies, login, and authentication
Optional, Desired Skills:
- Backend services (Java, concurrency)
- DevOps on AWS & Linux (EC2, Elastic Beanstalk, S3, RDS, CloudFront, Route53, CloudWatch, Tomcat, Jenkins, Hockey)
- Redis, Memcached
- Other web goodies, like JRuby, Haml, CoffeeScript, SASS, SCSS
- Adobe Create Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator) or equivalent
- Web Application Security (eg., the OWASP Top 10)
- iOS SDK
- Android SDK
To apply, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a link to at least one sample project you've shipped. Recruiters take note: we are considering direct applicants only.
Engineering at FastModel Sports
We are serious about our jobs, but have fun every day at the office. You'll be given a lot of freedom to innovate with our sales and support people as well to interact directly with our clients. Our primary maxim is "simplify and go". You'll fit right in if you can:
- Deliver code quickly, but avoid creating technical debt.
- Keep up to date on the latest software trends, but avoid fads.
- Simultaneously teach and learn from others.
- Create user experiences that are intuitive and self-explanatory, but unfold to reveal multiple layers of increasing complexity.
- Be an all-star without a big ego.