We are looking for a dynamic contributor to the FastModel core development team. An ideal candidate enjoys building innovative software and solutions designed for scale, which will contribute to the next generation of products aimed at furthering support of sports across athletic departments worldwide. Work with us to create game-changing products leveraging deep learning and advanced AI analytics as the products leverage a common ecosystem and data that provide insight to our customers.
- Develop extensible, scalable, reliable software for distributed processing and responsiveness
- Propose and test improvements to the existing infrastructure to accelerate functionality and performance
- Understand and execute the product direction related to data applications that emotionally excite and fiscally benefit our customers
- Adhere to current development processes (task breakdown & estimation, code reviews, unit tests, version control)
- Work on full execution cycles from scoping to implementation within “realistically aggressive” time frames as needed within a startup environment
- Ability to work within a “check your ego at the door” agile environment where you can be part of our engineering team and help make it that much stronger and dynamic.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred - M.S. or Ph.D. with AI/Learning algorithms
- 5+ years of experience of in server side development of complex, scalable systems
- 5+ years of systems-level Java, Linux and SaaS experience
- 3+ years of experience with database access via native protocols and comfortable with a non-hibernate environment with respect to embedded SQL construction
- Familiar with caching and multi-threading techniques used in real world application
- Proven track record of excellent coding skills to write reliable / clean and maintainable software
- Excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization techniques, and object-oriented programming, especially in Java
- Experience in Python, C++ or C# preferred; PHP a plus
- Start-up-comfort: wear many hats in a fast-paced environment, willing and eager to learn and design new technologies; must be flexible in approach
- Structured thinker, effective communicator, excellent programming and analytic skills
- Ability to contribute to design dialogues as well as initiate questions to achieve clarity when needed
- Highly self-motivated, proactive, hardworking innovator with a “team-first” attitude
- Committed to the extended hours required in a high growth startup
- Position can be filled in San Francisco/Bay Area or Chicago
Since 2008, FastModel has been the leader in software and data solutions for basketball coaching and recruiting. Living at the intersection of sports and technology, we build game-changing software solutions for the NBA, NCAA, and thousands of coaches around the world - Scouting, Diagramming, Recruiting, and Video Content Distribution- we do it all! With new products on the horizon, we want you to be part of this journey and part of our team!
What We Offer:
• Great location – we are in the heart of Chicago’s downtown
• Great benefits package competitive with any big company – 401k, medical coverage for employee (and
family), and FSAs
• Casual work environment
• Unlimited Flexible Time Off
• And much more!
We want to get to know you and for you to know us! Applicants will be screened over the course of 2-3 rapid interviews. We’re happy to have you get to know us as well. It’s a two-way street.
Join us! If you love data, software and sports, then we’re the right place for you! Submit your Cover Letter, CV & source code examples of your work (if this isn't possible, you may also submit an online portfolio of your work) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are happy where you are, but have a colleague or friend who is looking for the next exciting challenge, pass the word along! Even if you are interested, pass it along anyway – we need great people!