Or sign in with
Don't have an account? Sign up now
These diagrams represent principles presented by Matt Bollant at the 2015 Basketball Coaches Association of Michigan Coaches Clinic.
1. 1 & 2 play in the passing lanes to force a bounce or lob pass.
2. 3 & 4 set up with there back to the corner.
3. If 3 or 4 are covering the low post or baseline runner on drop to the basket as far as necessary.
4. 5 denys any high post pass. Go as high as needed.
5. 5 is not responsible for lobs over the top to the basket.
1. The center must defend the high post when the ball is at the point.
2. The center must stay between the ball and the basket when it is passed to the wing.
3. On the wing pass it is important for the center to front the low post.
1. On a corner pass the center must rotate and step out toward the corner.
2. The center must be ready to trap if the corner drives baseline.
3. The center must stop a pass to the low post.
1. When dribble penetration takes place the center must hold his ground and force lob passes or pullup jump shots.
2. The guards and forwards should pinch the gaps to close the driving lanes.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.