Or sign in with
Don't have an account? Sign up now
This is a play that has many moving parts, and is great for a team that loves setting screens. The Lakers used this to get an open look for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope. It starts with what looks like a basic pick and roll with LeBron James and Tyson Chandler. Then, Chandler turns his roll into an elevator screen for Caldwell-Pope, who then executes a give-and-go with James into an off-ball screen and flare screen that opens up a 3pt opportunity on the catch.
For this to work, you need guards and forwards willing to sacrifice their bodies to make plays. It pays off, even if the spacing can get wonky at times.
Also as a note: you don't necessarily need a "LeBron James" to make this play work. The 1 and the 3 are easily interchangeable. James just happened to be playing the 3 when he was the ball-handler on this play.
- Starts looking like a basic pick and roll, except with the 3 as ball handler
- 5 looks like he is going to roll, but sets an elevator screen for 2 who catches pass from ball handler.
- 3 cuts back to catch pass from 2
- 5 and 1 move back to original spots for spacing
- 1 makes cut to set off-ball screen for 2
- 5 moves out then cuts in for flare screen
- 3 passes to 2 for three point attempt
ð??? Plays of the Week - Pack Line Defense drills + #NBAXmas recap! ð???— FastModel Sports® ð???ð??» (@FastModel) January 3, 2019
Plus: Elite shooting drills using Dr. Dish and the Top 25 plays of 2018.
Send to your FastDraw library or email to a friend.
Email to a friend.